Work for Yourself@50+ is a workshop to help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
1. A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
2. Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
3. A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
4. Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
5. Ways to find trustworthy support and services
***This workshop is for women only***
Street Parking: There is limited metered street parking.
Parking Garage: Located at nearby shopping center- DC USA at 3100 14th Street NW. (1-2 hour parking is $3.00/ 2-4 hour parking $4.00)
Metro- 2 minute walk from Columbia Height Station on the Yellow/Green line.
Bus lines- H1, H2, H3, H4 , H8, D32, 52, 54, 59