AARP PA, Veterans Resource Fair, Philadelphia, PA, 7/11/19
Thursday, Jul 11, 2019
From 10am to 12:30pm
The Chapel of Four Chaplains Memorial Foundation
The Navy Yard, Bldg. 649
Event is closed or full.
Over 790,000 veterans live in Pennsylvania, and nearly 80 percent are over the age of 50. At AARP, we know that Veterans, military, and their families are a vital part of our country’s identity and deserve our gratitude. Yet many veterans are underserved and need access to resources that can help them and their families.
Join AARP Pennsylvania and other community organizations on Thursday, July 11th from 10:00am to 12:30pm for a Veterans Resource Fair to learn about caregiving resources, fraud prevention, and financial security. This Veterans Resource Fair will feature the following speakers:
• Deborah Harmon-Pugh, President, The Healthy Caregiver Community Foundation And National Campaign Chair, Women Veterans ROCK!
• Carlo Aragoncillo, Director, City of Philadelphia Office of Veterans Affairs
• Steve Carter, Sr. Advisor, Community Engagement and Integration, AARP
• Amanda Human, Veteran and AARP Volunteer
• Barry J. Jacobs, PsyD, Clinical psychologist and spokesperson on family caregiving for the American Heart Association
Additionally, several organizations that serve the Veterans community will be available to provide resources to Veterans and their families. If you, or a Veteran you know, is in need of resources or is looking to volunteer to support the Veterans community, please register for this free event by clicking on the red “register” button below.
This Veterans Resource Fair is hosted by AARP Pennsylvania in collaboration with The Veterans Multi-Service Center Inc., Women Veterans ROCK!, The Philadelphia Veteran Affairs Commission, The Philadelphia Veteran Parade and The Four Chaplains Memorial Foundation.