Owning or starting your own small business means finding solutions to unexpected challenges by leveraging life experience, professional skills and dedication. Many 50+ entrepreneurs can launch and thrive as small business owners with the right training and resources.
That’s why AARP Long Island (New York) is proud to present New York’s Small Business Development Center at Farmingdale State College Virtual Workshops.
We look forward to supporting and assisting new and existing businesses as they learn how to start, grow and succeed as entrepreneurs. Workshops will be presented virtually Thursdays, through a Google Meet from 11:00am – 12:00pm and will last one hour.
June 24, 2021: You've Got a Social Media Account: Now What?
You finally set up a social media account or two for your business, but have no idea what to do next. This session will walk you through how each major social channel works, what to write about and how to make your social communications work to spread the word about your business.
In this workshop we'll:
• Take a closer look at the popular social media networks - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
• Look at the benefits of using each
• Understand how other organizations and retailers are marketing with them
• Check out the do's and don’ts of each channel
• Determine if your social media activity is working