Tuesday, Sep 24, 2019 to
Saturday, Sep 28, 2019
Event is closed or full.
Who Am I Now? Organizational Journaling For Taming Retirement Syndrome
Perhaps you’ve worked with a financial planner and have a strategy in place for budgeting and saving for when you retire. But very few of us are aware of, much less have given any real thought to, what it takes to navigate those emotional transitions regarding our departure from the familiar world of full-time employment.
“Retirement Syndrome” is a term for the possible disorientation experienced when 3 Key Aspects formerly fulfilled by your worklife–structure, social connection and purpose--require finding satisfying substitutions.
During this 2-hour session, you’ll participate in interactive and thoughtful exercises to expand and clarify what it is that you want in your retirement. You’ll be introduced to the components of Organizational Journaling (OJO) and how they can help you create the structure, connections and purpose that work for you.
Dates: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 – 6:00pm – 7:30pm OR
Saturday, September 28, 2019 – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Where: AARP MN Information Center at Mall of America
228 W. Market, Bloomington, MN
Limited space so sign up early!
* Create a satisfying retirement, based on unique criteria that applies only to you
* Invest as much in your emotional, physical and mental health as the financial
* Identify what and who is important to you
* Devise a simple plan to easily ensure those elements are in your life
* Steer clear of the overwhelm and disorientation that can accompany this major life transition
WHAT STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
* 5 Ds and 1 B of retirement and how to avoid them
* 3 Key Aspects of this major life transition
* Specs for Satisfaction that are as individual as you are
* Organizational Journaling as a possible life-planning method that allows you to keep all this important information at your fingertips and top-of-mind
* How to start where you are, based on practical exercises and focused support
WHAT TO BRING: Current calendar system, notebook of any kind that is at least 6 X 8, writing and color utensils of choice
|6:00pm||Session 1: Taming Retirement Syndrome|
|1:30pm||Session 2 Taming Retirement Syndrome|
Thursday, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:00pm
AARP Information Center at Mall of America
Friday, Oct 18, 2019 at 5:00pm
Showplace Icon Theatre
St. Louis Park, MN
Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019 at 5:00pm
Wooden Hill Brewery
JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR