Join Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo virtually once a month from April through October, 2021 to learn about wildlife conservation on a local, national, and even global level. AARP CT is proud to sponsor this content development and the conservation efforts of the Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo.
This month's feature: "Return of the Sea Otter!"
Join natural history author Todd McLeish as he discusses North America’s cutest mammal, the sea otter, and describes his adventures studying the animals from California to Alaska. Nearly driven extinct for their thick fur, sea otters have rebounded throughout much of their range on the Pacific Coast but are still threatened by sharks, killer whales, oil spills and other factors. Todd’s book about sea otters was named by Forbes magazine as one of the top 10 books about nature of 2018.
You may join us each month, but registration for each event is required separately. Full list of event dates: 4/28, 5/19, 6/16, 7/21, 8/18, 9/22, and 10/20.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
- Wednesday, Jun 16, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
- Wednesday, Jul 21, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
- Wednesday, Aug 18, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
- Wednesday, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time
- Wednesday, Oct 20, 2021 at 7:00pm Eastern Time