Fountain Square has a rich heritage as the center of Cincinnati's civic, social, and commercial life.
When the Tyler Davidson Fountain was dedicated in 1871, Fountain Square was simply a wide esplanade down the middle of Fifth Street. In 1970, the Square was redesigned for better traffic flow, and the fountain was moved to the south end of the plaza.
In 2000, the fountain was cleaned, restored and rededicated. In 2006, as one of three key projects to revitalize the center city, Fountain Square was renovated to reclaim its place as the heart of Cincinnati's public life and to become a catalyst for downtown rebirth.
FIND IT FAST
JOIN OR RENEW
- JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR
- Immediate access to your member benefits
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to the award-winning AARP The Magazine
- An ally on the issues that matter most to you in Cincinnati
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
- JOIN/RENEW NOW