Summer Scam Alert: Vacation Rentals
Summer is meant for relaxation and fun in the sun, but real estate fraud can be another unfortunate part of the season.
Some scammers steal photos and descriptions from other listings and mysteriously disappear once they’ve got your money, so copy and paste a few lines of text and run a quick search to make sure the offer you’re considering is real. Strange area codes and addresses, or listings that use exceptionally poor English, are other red flags that the deal might be a scam.
Stay on top of this and other popular summer scams, you can spend your summer laying by the pool instead of worrying about fraud.
Tell Us WhatYou Think
FIND IT FAST
JOIN OR RENEW
- JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR
- Immediate access to your member benefits
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to the award-winning AARP The Magazine
- An ally on the issues that matter most to you in New York
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
- JOIN/RENEW NOW