Forum Topic: How Livable Is Lansing?
Michiganâ€™s population is aging faster than the national average. Speakers will explain how the AARP Livability Index scores neighborhoods for services and amenities that help people continue to live at home as they age. The forum will also address transportation issues in the Lansing area.
Five cities and towns in Michigan have joined the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, making a five-year commitment to improve features that help older residents stay active and engaged.
The forum is at the Hannah Community Center from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event is free and lunch is included, but registration is required by calling 877-926-8300 toll-free. To read about what makes a community livable, go to aarp.org/livable.
Tell Us WhatYou Think
FIND IT FAST
JOIN OR RENEW
- JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR
- Immediate access to your member benefits
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to the award-winning AARP The Magazine
- An ally on the issues that matter most to you in Lansing
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
- JOIN/RENEW NOW