Access Social Security Online Resources When You Travel
Social Security is here for you when you‚Äôre traveling, whether it‚Äôs just a state away or when you‚Äôre abroad. When you open a personal and secure my Social Security account, you can access it on your terms. We put you in control of your finances and your future.
With my Social Security, you can:
o¬†¬†¬† Request a replacement Social Security or Medicare card if you meet certain requirements;
o¬†¬†¬† Check the status of your application or appeal.
o¬†¬†¬† See your lifetime earnings on your Social Security Statement.
o¬†¬†¬† Get a benefit verification letter stating that:
- You receive retirement, disability, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Medicare benefits; or
- You never received Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare; or
- You received benefits in the past, but do not currently receive them. (The letter will include the date your benefits stopped and how much you received that year.); or
- You applied for benefits but haven‚Äôt received an answer yet.
There‚Äôs a lot more you can do with your my Social Security account. We‚Äôre always adding new features and resources to make your life easier and give you greater control over your benefits. Placing the ‚ÄúApplication Status‚ÄĚ feature behind our my Social Security portal provides a secure service delivery channel that allows us to provide detailed status on your claim without requiring a confirmation number.
With the new Application Status, you can see:
o¬†¬†¬† the Re-entry number for in-progress applications;
o¬†¬†¬† detailed information about the current status of the application or appeal;
o¬†¬†¬† the location where your claim is being processed; and
o¬†¬†¬† scheduled hearing information for appeals.
Visit my Social Security to see what other personalized features are available to you at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.
The post Access Social Security Online Resources When You Travel appeared first on AARP States.
Tell Us WhatYou Think
FIND IT FAST
JOIN OR RENEW
- JOIN FOR JUST $16 A YEAR
- Immediate access to your member benefits
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to the award-winning AARP The Magazine
- An ally on the issues that matter most to you in Salem
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
- JOIN/RENEW NOW